Thursday, February 11

Hx - But really.

I have been drowning in work.  Nature of the beast, I know.

I am so tired.  And I have so much work to do.  Two exams this week, two next week.  This semester is not fun and honestly, I'm struggling.  I have the vague memory of doing this at the beginning of last semester - fighting to find some sort of balance - and it being hard, but mostly I'm stuck in the present, and the present is this cycle of being exhausted and falling behind, panicking, wearing myself out the second I have any energy, having one really productive day, and then being exhausted.  It seems like my classmates are for the most part going through the same issues. 

I choked during a practical yesterday.  Really choked, which is something I don't remember ever doing before (I really mean that.  I am not someone who generally has trouble with stress).  It was OMM and I was perfect during the diagnosis bit, but then I treated my partner incorrectly three times in a row.  Three times.  Then it was my partner's turn and he was just fine.  When he was finished the instructor looked at me and said, "Now Zoe.  How do you treat a downslipped innominate shear.  Tell me about it."  This is what my partner had, when half of the pelvis has slipped down a bit compared to the other half.  This is REALLY EASY to treat; if it is down, push it up.  How do we do that?  Well, it's only the easiest and most hands-off treatment that exists on this planet.  The patient bounces that side's ischial tuberosity (bony part of your butt) on the edge of the exam table a few times.  The correct treatment was for my partner to bounce on his butt on the edge of the table and it still took me three attempts and then, when asked yet again, another two full seconds to realise it.  When I did, I was mortified.  I mean, come on.  COME ON.  Ugh.

Okay.  Neuroanatomy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment