Thursday, December 17

Hx - no title

So I've had several days to normalise (read: see real friends and stay up too late and sleep in) and I am feeling much better and am now enjoying my time off. I spent a decent chunk of the weekend tutoring a classmate in the anatomy lab; poor thing, she'd gotten sick during the semester and had to put off a test until the Monday after finals. It was creepy being in the cadaver lab when it was half dismantled with no one else in there, but it helped to close off the semester for me. I don't really expect that to make sense to most of you because I don't fully understand it myself. My mother (who has her bachelor's in nursing - and that is insanely hard) does, though, which supports my vague theory that when you have poured yourself continuously into something that demands all of you, it is more stressful to simply stop abruptly than it is to taper off gently. Of course nothing about school is gentle, so I take it as a strange but excellent sort of gift that I got to phase school out of my system this time instead of just turning it off like a tap.

In other news, today I (re)learned how to purl. My mother taught me this stuff fully a decade ago and I totally ignored her, so now I have to learn it again as my ambition outstrips my skills. I can't just make garter stitch wool scarves for the rest of my life. Not that I've graduated out of scarves, ha! But the one I'm making now has got stripes, and maybe I'll be able to put patterns in the next one, and then
who knows what evil I could accomplish

I'll take over the world
I could strangle annoying people with cable knit
maybe a hat? Watch out annoying people and world circular needles, I'm coming for you!

I have no good way to end this post. Aren't you glad my writing skills are starting to atrophy? I KNOW I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment