Thursday, December 10

Hx - Hours

More often than not, it is a pain that I am most productive and efficient after midnight. Example: I have an exam at 10am tomorrow, but I couldn't settle down for long periods of time to work until about 20 minutes ago. In that 20 minutes I accomplished more than I managed to do in the last 2 hours, so naturally I am celebrating by taking a break.

Clearly I am made to work a strange shift in a hospital, or be the urgent care doc for a practice because I work well when most other people are winding down. It wouldn't be a problem if I could just go to bed at 2am each night and get up at 9:30 or 10 every morning. But no. I have to be up with the rest of the normals at seven. Or earlier.  Makes a girl want to get her own practice so she can set her own strange hours.


...KIDDING. I have no wish to start my own practice and -shudder- run a business while spending my days dealing with runny noses and hypertension and "well, I have this pain, and it sort of comes and goes... no, it doesn't hurt now..." No.

AnyZoehatingprivatepractice, I should get back to the science of BORING aging so that I can keep this awesome week of awesome grades going. I can't wait until my very! own! stethoscope! comes in in a month because that signals the beginning of Clinical Sk1lz I and did I mention that I am so excited I could pee myself to have my OWN STETHOSCOPE. And also a blue leather doctor bag. And a whole bunch of other stuff that adds up to a terrifying $1200 and whose purposes remain entirely mysterious to me (an ear insufflator bulb? There are multiple levels of idk contained within that phrase.  Example: what is an ear?). But mostly the stethoscope to hold and love and squeeze and pet and call George.

On to aging!

No comments:

Post a Comment