Wednesday, August 26

Hx - no title

I can't believe it.  I drained myself last week.  Last weekLast week.  This does not follow the plan!  I have considerable personal resources!  I don't get drained in a week.  A year, maybe.  Or a really tough six months.  I'm a little offended by myself, to be honest.

And now I can't do any work.  I don't think I've done any real studying yet this week, which is terrible and only makes me more disinclined to study.  You see how I've been spending my time, look at the length of this bloody post.  To think I scoffed at the 2nd years who said they didn't do any work for the first couple of weeks of school, or took months to get into a real rhythm (even if that was only a good continuous monkeybarring motion from test to test).  I am the same.  I am just like them.  -facepalm-

Look, I know I'm whining, okay?  I can't help it.  I don't understand what is going on and as a result I'm not sick of my own drama yet, although that stage is coming.  I think I just gunned it too hard last week, and now I'm paying for it, and now my naturally even-keeled B-type personality will reassert itself and I will hopefully start getting on with things in a more balanced you know what never mind realistic fashion.  Soon.  Tonight.  Because I'm behind in Anatomy and if I don't start figuring out my neural crest from my ectoderm I will be in serious trouble.  See?  I'm prioritising already.  Let's just talk about something else.

In other news, I had my first real OMM (osteopathic manual manipulation) class today and it set me on fire.  It was absolutely the coolest thing I have ever seen/ done in my entire life, and I get to do it again next week.  Did you know skin feels different when you're running your fingertips over a healthy patch of tissue vs. a tense patch, or a really muscular patch?  It was amazing!  And then one of the instructors made me do a bunch of weird pulls and stretches that I don't know yet and fixed a spot in my back that has hurt for literally years.  It was completely resistant to chiropractic.  And now it barely hurts at all!  Did you know, D.O.'s who are trained in OMM can adjust your ribs?  And your feet?  And that your whole body has this continuous layer of tissue (called fascia) running through it, over the muscles, and that you can test the fascia at your toes by pulling on the back of your head?

Amazing!!  Let's go study Anatomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment