Tuesday, August 11

Hx - So that's a typical day for you?

The first two days of orientation have been stupid.  They made us play icebreaker games yesterday.  At a camp.  Like ten-year-olds.  I understand that they want us to get to know each other, but we're going to be in each others' space constantly starting now.  Getting to know each other is not a concern.  And quite frankly, I'm not here to play games, so let's cut the crap.  Tomorrow, though, I go in wearing SCRUBS like a BOSS.

In other news, I am going to be a doctor - if I survive the next two weeks, which apparently defy description, they're so ridiculous.  Every time a 2nd year tries to describe them, they get this paralysed look on their faces, and then shrug, and say, "You can't be prepared for it, so don't even try.  But you'll get through it." 

Pause.  Pause.  Pause. 

"Somehow." 

According to one girl, "I cried.  A lot.  Like all the time, actually.  And I'm not a crier.  But  then I got through it.  You'll be fine."  The entirety of today was devoted to teaching us how not to lose our minds, and informing us of several resources should we go ahead and do it anyway.

But I'll be fine.

...

  ...

    ...

LIKE A BOSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment