Thursday, June 13

Residency training, day #1

Things I learned from my first day of residency training:

1. Lower your expectations.
2. Be on time.
3. Pay attention. 
[3a. If you're falling asleep, hold your breath until your brain thinks you're dying, freaks out, and floods your system with adrenaline.  Problem solved!  You are now awake, if twitchy and a little pale.]
4. Don't make excuses for your stupidity.
5. Don't harbor regrets for your stupidity.
6. I am probably as ill-prepared as I think I am, if not more.
7. Things will probably be okay anyway.

I'm doing a bit better spiritually/ emotionally, by the way.  It's incredible how the Lord comforts us in our struggles.  My attitude toward residency isn't settled yet, but it'll get there.

1 comment:

  1. Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

    Any chance you're related to Robert Baden-Powell?

    ReplyDelete